Chiropractic Care Helps Jaw Pain and TMJ
posted: Aug 29, 2018.
At Vidan Family Chiropractic, we pride ourselves in our ability to effectively co-manage TMJD care with our oral health physician. The position of the head and neck are intricately connected. With proper care and treatment of spinal disorders, TMJD patients can achieve pain relief and correction. Treatments at Vidan Family Chiropractic enable the body to respond to dental changes so that care received from your oral health physician has greater and lasting results.
TMJD (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction) is a collective term for a broad range of disorders displaying a variety of signs including:
- radiating pain in the face, neck, or shoulders
- limited movement or locking of the jaw
- painful clicking or grating when opening or closing the mouth
- significant change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
- symptoms can also include headaches, earaches, dizziness, hearing problems, and difficulty swallowing