In the Swing of It - 5 Tips for Your Golf Game
posted: Aug 29, 2018.
5 Ways to Play Injury-Free This Golfing Season
Whether you’re an avid golfer or a beginner, make sure you are taking precautions to keep your golf game injury-free this summer! Clayton Chiropractor, Dr. Alex Vidan, has 5 easy things you can do to keep you…”in the swing of it!”
- Warm up! Always warm up before your game! Take a brisk 10-minute walk to get your body ready to play.
- Stretch – Make sure you stretch your shoulders, chest, low back, and legs prior to play. Simple static stretching can offer big gains in injury prevention. In the Fox 2 segment below, Dr. Vidan, your local St. Louis Chiropractor, shows you simple ways to stretch before your golf game.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Even a small muscle cramp can alter your swing, which can lead to a larger injury affecting the rest of your golf season. Drinking plenty of water and stretching can decrease your chances of muscle cramping on the course.
- Swing the other way. You don’t have to hit the ball, but every couple holes or so, take a moment to lightly swing the club (or phantom swing) the opposite direction than you typically swing. Swinging constantly in one direction makes all of your muscles work only in one direction, which is bad for your muscles and your spine.
- Cross Train – lifting weights, running, biking, yoga, swimming, etc can help increase your strength and stamina for the course and long-term play, so that you can keep playing throughout the summer.
Follow these 5 points, and you’ll keep the injuries down and you out on the course more!
Watch the video below to hear Top St. Louis Chiropractor, Dr. Alex Vidan, talk about injury-free golfing.